A little festive twist on one of the best foods around—Pancakes! These gingerbread pancakes are filled with spices and protein, and topped with pure Canadian maple syrup + persimmon + yogurt. They make for such a good dinner (yes I said dinner ‘cause breakfast for dinner is always acceptable in my books).
Note: the batter for this is runny, but if you wait until bubbles are starting to form before flipping, they will turn out.
Gingerbread Pancakes (about 30 grams of protein)
– 1/2 scoop of gardenoflife protein powder
– 1/3 cup bobsredmill oat flour
– 1 tbsp bobsredmill coconut flour
– 1 tbsp molasses
– Pinch of baking soda and baking powder
– Drop of vanilla extract
– Pinches of cinnamon, cloves, ginger, and nutmeg
– 1/3 cup egg whites
– 1 tbsp bobsredmill ground flaxseed
– Cooking spray (for the pan)
– Toppings: maple syrup, danone.canada yogurt, and chopped persimmon
1. Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl.
2. Spray a pan with cooking spray and heat.
3. Ladle the batter into rounds on the pan.
4. Cook until bubbles start coming up on the top of the pancake.
5. Flip the pancake and cook until the other side is golden brown.
6. Put on a plate and add the yogurt, chopped persimmon, and a drizzle of maple syrup. Enjoy!