I think this has been the longest hiatus of posting yet…sorry. Life has gotten super busy as school begins to come to a close for winter break. Nonetheless, the fact that it is the Christmas season cheers me up exponentially since I think I love every single aspect of the season.
Here is a recipe for some pumpkin protein pancakes that (in my opinion) can be eaten all year round!
Pumpkin Protein Pancakes
(Makes about 4 pancakes—27 grams of protein total)
– 1/6 cup of pumpkin purée
– 1/2 scoop of gardenoflife whey protein powder
– 1/4 cup bobsredmill spelt flour
– 2 tsp melted almond butter
– 1/4 cup of egg whites (or sub 1 beaten egg)
– 2 tbsp of silk soy milk
– 1/4 tsp cinnamon
– Pinch of baking soda and baking powder
– Cooking spray
Toppings: Yogurt, Maple Syrup, Stewed apples (1/2 apple + splash of water —> microwaved for 1 minute)
1. Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl.
2. Spray a non-stick frying pan and spoon some batter into the fry pan.
3. Let it cook over low heat, until the bottom is firm enough to flip.
4. Flip, and cook on the other side.
5. Transfer to a plate and top with yogurt, stewed apples, and maple syrup. Enjoy!